Sunday, November 9, 2008

Watchmen

After reading the posted article, I had no choice but to agree with what the author was talking about. Her experience of reading Watchmen was much like mine. Although I never felt any sense of anxiety or nervousness, I was uncertain of what reading a comic book would be like since I had yet to read one. Much like Burtan, I was at first confused about how to even follow the sequence of events from frame to frame, but I eventually learned its pattern. Also similar to Burtan, I was admittedly hesitant about reading a comic book because it is, after all, a comic book. I thought they were reserved for nerds and creepy old men who lived in their parents' basement. Apparently, that is not the case. I too enjoyed the story and was left with a plethora of images and thoughts. I am no longer hesitant about reading different types of literature. Even comic books can prove to be beneficial reading material. 

No comments: